Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SNR

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  SNR

Posted Oct 30, 2013 02:31 PM

I have a client that gets an SNR of 12 and then 20 min later will get an SNR above 40?  He is science proff and his office is near some kind of lab.  He nor I are sure if anything in that lab is producing RF but it just seems odd.  There are 6 other clients associated to the same AP and they are averaging an SNR of 32.  Is there a tool that can pin point RF out put by device?

• 2.  RE: SNR

Posted Oct 30, 2013 04:55 PM

I use the Spectrum XT analyze from fluke to find interferances in the RF spectrum.  Does all the user experience the drop in SNR at a particular time? or it is just a specific user? 

Nils. 

• 3.  RE: SNR

Posted Oct 30, 2013 05:19 PM

If you have AOS6.x you can turn an AP105/135 into a spectrum analyzer device and measure the RF behavior  

spectrum.html_warning=Continue_2013-10-30_14-41-24.pngspectrum.html_warning=Continue_2013-10-30_14-41-24.png

• 4.  RE: SNR

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 31, 2013 10:50 AM

From the client side, they can run inSSIDer (http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/), this will show any other radios and spectrum that their clients can see.  Another thing they can try, get the 'Aruba Utilities' app for android phones to get another perspective of the environment from a mobile client.