Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

Hello guys,

I maybe need to get a existing database into our Mobility Master for user-authentication. I know I can do a guestprovisioning with the Mobility Master and import CSV files into the internal DB and send emails whatsoever. 

But, can I authenticate users (guests and employees) with a existing SQL database, without big efford? Do I need Clearpass? Because I see, I can add external databases and everything. And can I easily link it to the landing page for guests? Internal I do not speficily need the landing page.

Hope you can follow,

Thanks,

Raffa

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: SQL-Database with MM and without Clearpass

If you provide access (have the controller authenticate users) via RADIUS or LDAP to your database; you don't need ClearPass. 

Same, when using the XML-API, it enters account direct in the controller local database, so no need for ClearPass.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

I think that will only work if you can expose the SQL database as a backend via RADIUS or LDAP.

Another option might be using the XML API to manipulate the local user database; so you can sync your database to the MM.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

but still - can I manage that without  clearpass or do I need it to handle my user and guest login?

Thanks,

Raffa

Highlighted
MVP Guru

If you provide access (have the controller authenticate users) via RADIUS or LDAP to your database; you don't need ClearPass. 

Same, when using the XML-API, it enters account direct in the controller local database, so no need for ClearPass.

--

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: