Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSH Problems

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  SSH Problems

Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:19 AM

I've having trouble with ssh (putty). If I try and open a session it acts weird. As expected it prompts for username. Next it displays the banner, then it prompts for password. This is where us behaves oddly. It will not display any characters and the session drops. "Server unexpectedly dropped connection" is the error I receive.

I've checked all I knew to look at but past the ssh auth method I don't know what else to check out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SSH Problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:39 AM

Does this happen via the console, or no?

Are you authenticating the username and password locally or to an external radius or tacacs server?

• 3.  RE: SSH Problems

Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:39 PM
    It's all internal at this point. We are trending to external but not at
    this moment.

Should have mentioned that to start with.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: SSH Problems

Posted Dec 11, 2014 09:51 AM

Hi Friend,

Which client OS you are using ?

• 5.  RE: SSH Problems

Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:39 PM
    Windows 7, putty .63, Aos 6.3.1.12

Thanks guys

• 6.  RE: SSH Problems

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 11:21 PM

Jamie E

might be stuck ssh sessions - especially if you have any scripts around that log into the controller which may not be exiting gracefully. Please run

show loginsessions

if you see a whole list of sessions, you can try the following from the console

process restart sshd

which will restart sshd and clear things up. Restarting sshd will cause the controller to be unreachable for about 30-60 seconds.

if you see that there are just 1 or 2 sessions in the list and you are getting the error you mentioned, then append the word "core" to the process restart above, restart it - see if it recovers, then raise  a case with the corefile as to why you got locked out before you hit full sessions

regards

-jeff

• 7.  RE: SSH Problems

Posted Dec 11, 2014 10:04 AM

Sorry guys having trouble with email reply.

Cjoseph: A hard console is fine it behaves correctly. The auth is local at the moment.

dhanraj: the client os is win7, putty ver .63, and AOS is 6.3.1.12

Thanks guys