Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SSID down

Posted Jul 31, 2018 05:33 AM
      |   view attached

I have a customer who has reported that for a period of around an hour their devices were unable to connect to an SSID - they were unable to say if the SSID was being broadcast at the time as no one technical was available to troubleshoot.

Running the show ap bss-table command on the controllers shows that the SSID  has a time under the TOT-T column that equates to when it started working again (hours). The other SSIDs on the same APs have a much longer time next to them (days).

They have Airwave and the radio errors graph for one of the APs show a gap at around 18:00 which was the time reported as the fault occuring (see attachment).

The log on the controller doesn't show anything unusual around this period and I am wondering if Airwave could supply any more info in this regard. I've not used Airwave enough to be certain here - any suggestion to interrogate Airwave for why the SSID may have been down?

• 2.  RE: SSID down
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 31, 2018 05:40 AM

I made an error when checking things out it looks like all SSIDs went down on the APs so I'm going to investigate this further - the AP has remained up though.

• 3.  RE: SSID down

Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:15 AM

Hi!

Is this a controller based setup? Could something have prevented the communication between the APs and the controller during this time? Perhaps a WAN link or a firewall in between?

Cheers,

• 4.  RE: SSID down

Posted Aug 01, 2018 04:27 AM

Hi Christoffer, yes I've told the customer to investigate a simple connectivity issue. I'd originally thought it was only a single SSID but with so many APs and SSIDs I'd made a mistake and wasn't sure what the cause might be.