Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:01 AM

Community,

I have an Aruba 105 AP whos 11A/N and 11B/G/N LEDs are Amber. I read in another topic that you have to enable HT in order for these to go Green. The RF profile for the SSIDs do have HT enabled. However, the uplink to the AP is only 100Mbps so the ENET LED is also Amber, could this be why the AP is not allowing the increased data rates via HT? If not, then I am not sure why the LEDs are still amber eventhough HT is enabled. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:14 AM

Hi,

ENET LED is amber because it is connected to a 100Mb port.

Do you have VHT enabled too? Can you share the configuration of the high-throughout SSID that is configured on the SSID's in that ap-group?

• 3.  RE: SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

Posted Jun 21, 2017 11:48 AM

Borja,

Thanks so much for your reply. Ive pasted some output below not sure if this is what youre looking for. The SSID in question is CDT-Red and it is using the "default" High-Throughput SSID Profile which does have HT and VHT enabled. 

wlan ssid-profile "CDTRed_ssid"
    essid "CDT-Red"
    opmode wpa2-tkip
    a-basic-rates 12 18 24
    a-tx-rates 18 24 36 48 54
    g-basic-rates 12 18 24
    g-tx-rates 18 24 36 48 54

wlan virtual-ap "CDT-Red"
    aaa-profile "CedarAAA_dot1x"
    ssid-profile "CDTRed_ssid"
    no vap-enable
    band-steering

wlan ssid-profile "default"
    ssid-profile "CDTRed_ssid"

• 4.  RE: SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:49 PM

Hi,

from your config, the VAP is not enabled. 

• 5.  RE: SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:40 PM

Borja,

I disabled the VAP because this is a test setup and I didnt want to have the SSID enabled/broadcasting at the moment. But even if I enable it, the LEDs remain amber. Again ENET is amber because its only 100Mbps uplink, could that be whats causing the radios to not use HT? 

• 6.  RE: SSID's in WLAN mode. Amber LEDs

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:48 PM

Borja,

I enabled the VAP and the LEDs are green now, when I disable the VAP they go amber. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it. I have very little experience with the Aruba Wireless solution so Ill be asking a lot of questions on this forum as I build this solution, all my experience is on Ciscos solution and a little Fortinet as well. 

Thanks again!