Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSID with WISPr Authentication

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SSID with WISPr Authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2018 09:10 AM

Aruba 7010 (OS Version: 6.5.4.3) and AP 325.

kindly help us to achieve our system team requirements regardin SSID with WISPr authentication.

this type of authentication is new to us, as per system team once connected to SSID installed application on client device will authenticate AAA server otherthan this no details available.

we have went through below article (https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-Wireless-Internet-Service-Provider-Roaming-WISPr-and-how/ta-p/187718).

as per above article we need to configure following.

1. Authentication server

2. WISPr Authentication profile 

so we need to get the Authenticaation server details and WISPr Authentication profile configuration details (this details we will ask from vendor).

apart from this, someone pls explain how will be this WISPr authentication will works.

• 2.  RE: SSID with WISPr Authentication

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:01 AM

Hi we found aruba article related with WISPr authentication on aruba.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/pso/PSO_AccurisInterworkingCert.pdf

based on this article my understanding, two type of technology EAP (SIM based authntication) & WISPr  (Accuris client) based authentication.

we are looking for client based authentication.

still i am confused, how do we need to confiure the SSID (open / psk/ 802.1x authentication) or can we create a open ssid and then map a WISPr Profile to respective AAA profile.

pls help me to clear my understanding.