Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

SSIDs not showing up.

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  SSIDs not showing up.

Posted Jul 31, 2018 05:37 PM

Am I hitting a limit or could something else be going on? 

I have old 105s at my office, we've got newer IAPs out in the field but this is all we have for our stuff.  Sometimes I need to test things or make a network for one specifc and shortlived task. 

Right now I've got 5 Employee SSIDs and two Guest.  Out of that the last Employee SSID I've made will not show up.  I know that's a lot but as I've said I do a lot of testing and rework here.  I think all the beacons are default, the only thing I really change or the security and further restrictions.  I don't get an error or notice that things are not going to work it simply just does not show up.

I've been tring to figure out what was going on for a bit and just figured it out after I deleted a network. The other one doesn't start working right away, I kill it and recreated it, then it popped up after syncing to the other IAPs in the building (5 total)  I also tested disabling other SSIDs and that has no effect, if they exist at all that next SSID just doesn't end up broadcasting.  Right now I only have 3 of the 7 networks active and only two are seen as the last one is the missing one.

Any additional info needed just ask.

• 2.  RE: SSIDs not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 06:00 PM
    Hi

Which version are you on?

The 105’s support the latest 6.4

• 3.  RE: SSIDs not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 06:05 PM

As far as I'm aware, the IAP-105 supports 8 SSIDs per radio, for a maximum of 16 per AP. You're close to the limit.

From the CLI, what does "show ap bss-table" return for your active SSIDs? Also, what version of Instant are you running?

• 4.  RE: SSIDs not showing up.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2018 01:23 AM
    Hi

Did you recently add and remove ssid’s?

If you hit the limit of 8 and went beyond I can image that the AP-105 is running out of mac addresses for the bssid’s. As you know each ssid gets a bssid MAC address on the radio. If you first add the 8&9 ssid and then remove the 5&6 I can image that the 105 is not able to handle that, maybe after a reboot.

Hope this helps