Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

[Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  [Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

Posted Jun 21, 2013 10:27 PM

In my area that would be

Banks

Expensives K 12

Big Retail companies

Warehouse

Those 4 here

what about around your area?

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: [Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2013 08:57 PM

Hospitals

Warehouse/Distribution Centers

Retail

All Wireless Offices

Stadiums (Ticketing specifically)

• 3.  RE: [Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

Posted Jun 24, 2013 09:11 PM

Well you know thats nice...

And weird at the same time..

I really though that if you made a list the universities would be in your list... you guys got soo many case of stufies of universities...

and its not there!  hah

Collin could you explian more about Stadiums (Ticketing specifically)

We got a few stadium here.... but  how is that?

We though and we are trying to pull out a Offload project on stadiums, malls etc... but never though this for ticketing?

Maybe you guys using something that is not done here yet....

Can you give me an idea of this on whats that? how wireless help in the ticketing system?(note that im not like a fan of going to stadiums so i really dont know)

I will add warehouse to my list... now i think of it.. we got a number of warehouse with Aruba.

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: [Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2013 09:19 PM

@NightShade1 wrote:

Well you know thats nice...

And weird at the same time..

I really though that if you made a list the universities would be in your list... you guys got soo many case of stufies of universities...

and its not there!  hah

Collin could you explian more about Stadiums (Ticketing specifically)

We got a few stadium here.... but  how is that?

We though and we are trying to pull out a Offload project on stadiums, malls etc... but never though this for ticketing?

Maybe you guys using something that is not done here yet....

Can you give me an idea of this on whats that? how wireless help in the ticketing system?(note that im not like a fan of going to stadiums so i really dont know)

I will add warehouse to my list... now i think of it.. we got a number of warehouse with Aruba.

Cheers

Carlos

I thought Universities are too obvious, so I didn't mention them.

When football fans need to get into the stadium, when they get to the gate, the handheld devices scan their tickets for entry.  If this system is not working, it affects how many fans they can admit quickly to the stadium.  In addition, some stadiums use handheld devices to put in orders for fans in their seats and to take their credit cards.

The Warehouses/Distribution centers make money packaging and shipping products to other locations and vendors.  Having a wireless system that tells workers what products to put in what boxes to ship makes this very, very efficient and allows them to package and ship quickly.  There are wireless voice "picking" applications that tell workers what aisle and what section to retrieve items and what box to put it in for shipment.  This relies on wireless and makes the distributor very efficient.

• 5.  RE: [Sales]Which are the industries in your area that consider wlan as critical

Posted Jun 24, 2013 09:27 PM

Thanks for the explanation Collin!

Cheers

Carlos