Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

Posted Oct 28, 2014 03:15 PM

Hey All,

I am trying to configure my Mobility controller to send Syslogs to my Paloalto firewall so it can parse the logs to match IP address with usernames. I can't seem to find any instructions on how to send syslog data that contains the Username and Password of my 802.1x auth users.

Thanks 

Wayne B.

• 2.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

Posted Oct 28, 2014 03:22 PM

If you're running ArubaOS 6.3.x or earlier without ClearPass, have a look at this option:

http://www.pskl.us/wp/?p=752

• 4.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

Posted Oct 28, 2014 03:31 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I am running 6.3.1.10 without Clearpass. How stable is the 6.4 code. I would rather go that route then have to stand up a linux VM. I have always held off from Early Development releases in case of bugs?

• 5.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

Posted Oct 28, 2014 03:42 PM

6.4 code has been running stable in many environments for quite some time.    You should expect a 6.4.2.x release that will be marked general availability (GA) in the not too distant future.   When it is released, I am sure it will be posted on the Community.

You can subscribe to this thread to see if an update is posted when it is released.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/OS-6-4-General-Availability/m-p/208325/highlight/true#M41396

• 6.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

Posted Apr 01, 2020 11:33 PM

Hi

Is there an updated version of this document for AOS8?

Thanks

Glen

• 7.  RE: Send Syslogs to Paloalto to map IP address to Usernames

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2020 11:50 PM