Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Send Write Memory Command via SNMP for Email Notification

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Send Write Memory Command via SNMP for Email Notification

Posted Oct 28, 2014 03:23 PM
    I am wanting to send an SNMP trap anytime someone performs a "write memory" on our controllers. This trap will go to a third party where an email will be generated, letting me know the configuration changed. I seem to be unable to find the log file these logs are specifically stored in. When I perform the following CLI from the controller I see the log entries I am needing: #show log all | include write However, when I take the same cli and try the different log files, replacing all, (security, system, network, etc) I cannot find the log entry. On the controller GUI in Configuration -> Management -> Logging -> Levels: I am not sure which one stores the log entry I am needing to send to our third-party server. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Send Write Memory Command via SNMP for Email Notification
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2014 11:36 PM

You should monitor the syslog, instead.  Please check out the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Audit-trail-to-syslog/m-p/24690/highlight/true#M6894

• 3.  RE: Send Write Memory Command via SNMP for Email Notification

Posted Oct 31, 2014 10:10 AM

Colin,

Thank you for the link to the thread. That is exactly what I needed and I was able to get it working as expected.