Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

Posted Dec 02, 2019 11:24 AM

Hi, just looking for a way to set the NTP servers on 300 controllers. Could not find anything abvious with airwave. 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

Posted Dec 02, 2019 12:50 PM

It would depend a great deal on how you manage the controllers (in Airwave)

I use a template for all controllers and keep the management settings, AAA, and SSID details in the template. To change the NTP settings, just update one controller and import the changes to the template, or edit the template to include the changes and let Airwave update them all.

To answer how you should do it, we'll need to know how you are already managing them.

• 3.  RE: Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

Posted Dec 02, 2019 01:39 PM

We are only using airwave for monitoring. That is why i'm looking for other ideas like scripts, maybe

• 4.  RE: Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

Posted Dec 03, 2019 02:36 PM

To do this in Airwave, I'd expect that you'd have to switch to managed-mode.

From a computer, I'd write a script (bash for myself, powershell perhaps for others) which would accept an input file with all controllers' IP addresses then just logs in, and sets the NTP servers.

• 5.  RE: Setting NTP setting on multiple controllers

Posted Dec 03, 2019 12:21 PM

What OS version?