Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

Posted Sep 02, 2020 04:53 PM

Hi,

I'm a super noobie. All I know is my IP. I don't know anything about VLAN, DNS,  anything. So sorry about being so noobie and clueless in advance.

I have read almost every article related to my problem but I just couldn't figure out. 

So please help me to figure this problem out.

1. I have 13 existing IAP 105 that are in one cluster (name CJ_TEST).

The Internet works fine.

2. I bought 6 more used IAP 105 to cover more areas in the warehouse. 

3. Plugged into same POE switch.

Problem-

I see those 6 new IAP from my Netgear router. However, I don't see this SETMEUP wifi. So I just went to IP that I see in Netgear router (I attached the image).

The problem is it always redirects me to the existing Aruba VC (I attached the image). 

So for a few seconds, I thought it joined the main VC successfully. However, I don't see those new 6 IAPs in my VC.

This driving me crazy. Can you guys please help me?

• 2.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 02, 2020 04:59 PM
      |   view attached

You should be redirected to the Virtual Controller, since this is where the monitoring and configuration will reside. Can you verify in the settings on the VC that auto-join is enabled? See image for reference:

1.JPG

• 3.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

Posted Sep 02, 2020 05:41 PM

Hi,

It was enabled but I change to disabled to see if I can manually add those 6 APs using MAC Id. But it didn't work.

• 4.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 02, 2020 05:50 PM

Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the APs? If so, do the APs that you bought have a different country code? If so, mismatched regulatory domains will not let the APs join.

Do you have the ability to gain access to the console, and capture what the screen shows when it is booting?

It is also possible that if used, they might have been part of an Aruba activate / Aruba central deployment and its reaching out to get its configuration somewhere else. A good way to test that would be to make sure that it does not have a path out to the internet.

• 5.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

Posted Sep 02, 2020 06:26 PM
    Hi,
    It's US version and I did hard reset but still not showing SETMEUP wifi.
    I will check with the seller about Aruba activate/ Aruba central deployment.
    Thanks.

--
    *Chauncey Jung* | Operation Manager
    *BDK USA Inc*. | 1457 Glenn Curtiss St. Carson, CA, 90746
    Tel +1 323 585 4949 | Cel +1 213 304 8525
    www.bdkauto.com

• 6.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

Posted Sep 04, 2020 10:11 AM

Hi,

Seller just told me he doesn't have any of that.

I'm so freaking lost here  

• 7.  RE: Setting and Adding IAP (HELP)

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 04, 2020 10:55 AM

How have you been resetting it? You should unplug the device, and start holding down the reset button. With the button still pressed, plug the AP back in. Wait about 10-15 seconds, and then release the button.

By console you can interrupt the boot, and load into the boot loader. From here issue the "printenv" command to see values. Then use the "purgeenv" command. Then "save", and finally "boot".

Can you access the device to manage it via its DHCP address?