Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setting bandwitdh per user

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Setting bandwitdh per user

Posted Mar 26, 2014 05:09 AM

Hi,

I would like to set a bandwitdh limit for exceeded amount of wireless using. There are many users on campus network so I need to use a trigger or script to add an aruba firewall rule on controller to make decrease of the bandwitdh per user/device.

Have an idea to set a firewall rule remotely?

thanks,

• 2.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2014 05:36 AM

You can set a per-user bandwidth limit in the user-role.

bandwidth.jpg

However, if you want the user to be placed into a restricted role once they hit a given amount of MB, you'll need to have radius accounting enabled and use something like Clearpass to track the usage and then send back a radius CoA to put the user into the restricted role.

• 3.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

Posted Mar 26, 2014 07:17 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your information. To make clear, what should I do overcome on freeradius and what should I send parameter to the controller? Have any guide on the issue?

Regards,

• 4.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 29, 2014 10:08 AM

umutarus,

You need to configure FreeRadius to send back the radius aruba-user-role attribute with the role of the user that you applied to bandwidth contract to.  The Aruba VSA attributes should come with freeradius.  You just need to send back the Aruba-User-Role attribute with the name of the role on the Aruba Controller with the bandwidth contract.

• 5.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

Posted Mar 31, 2014 02:13 AM

I got it, I will try. thanks everyone.

• 6.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

Posted Mar 31, 2014 11:19 AM

Good to know, thanks!

• 7.  RE: Setting bandwitdh per user

Posted Apr 02, 2014 03:22 AM
    Duplicate post, sorry.