Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:06 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade my controller to use Aruba OS version 8.2.  I've succeeded in doing so on Partition #0, and was able to set it to the default partition.  During boot-up, I can access it via https in my web browser (Chrome).  I went through the setup, and allowed the controller to reboot.  Instead of being presented with a login page, however, I was presented with the same configuration page.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?!  I can only guess that I'm missing a step in the process that would write the configuration before reboot.  Any help and/or ideas are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

John Kramer

• 2.  RE: Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:25 PM

Sounds like you did more than set the boot partition.  Care to tell us what else you did?

• 3.  RE: Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:50 PM

At some point, I ended up resetting the config file by doing the following:

setenv cfgfile default1.cfg

saveenv

reset

After the upgrade, the controller would reboot but present an "undefined Controller Setup" message when connecting via web browser.  It was thought that the above commands would fix that, but evidently not without other unintended effects.

The original configuration I had on the controller is not important to me; I'm only looking to set the controller up as standalone with 1 or 2 access points.  With that said, is there a particular file I should revert to instead?

• 4.  RE: Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:51 PM

Yup.

Do this:

setenv cfgfile

save

• 5.  RE: Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

Posted Nov 29, 2017 04:20 PM

This worked - thank-you so much!!!

• 6.  RE: Setup Aruba 7005 Controller as Standalone After Upgrade from OS 6.4 to OS 8.2

Posted Nov 22, 2019 09:34 PM

Thanks!  Exactly what I needed....