Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Site Survey with (R)AP-225

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Posted Apr 27, 2014 12:54 AM

Hi,

I am trying to get an AP-225 going in RAP mode for site surveying. I'm following the cookbook, and actually had this method working on an AP-175 a couple of weeks back on 6.3 code. Thing is I have since upgraded to 6.4 and no longer have the AP-175. But an AP-225 with the same config does not work..

The 225  works fine as a RAP when it has a link to the controller, and will stay up if you power it from a battery and disconnect the uplink. But it will not advertise the SSID when booted from a wired connection to my laptop, it just keeps power cycling. This is unlike the AP-175 which worked fine in this arrangement.

What is the trick to getting this working? Is this a problem with the AP-225 or something different in 6.4 code?

regards,

Ben

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2014 01:04 AM

Did you give it a static ip address?

• 3.  RE: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Posted Apr 27, 2014 01:06 AM

Yes, and set IPSEC retries to 0.

• 4.  RE: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2014 01:23 AM

Did you try to provision any other access point model in that same ap-group, the same way?

• 5.  RE: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Posted Apr 27, 2014 01:26 AM

Apart from the AP-175? No.

• 6.  RE: Site Survey with (R)AP-225

Posted Nov 17, 2014 07:00 PM

I've tried this again with latest firmware and the AP-225 still does not allow you to use it for SIte Survey in the same manner as older APs

AP-105 with idential RAP config plugged into POE battery - radios come up

AP-225 with idential RAP config plugged into POE battery - radios never come up

Can anyone from Aruba advise on this?