Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Site Survey with Standalone AP

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 06:56 PM

Hello,

I have configured a AP105 in RAP mode for a site survey and it comes up with the controller but when unplugged all I get is a quick green flashing light on the PWR.  any ideas?    thanks!

• 2.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 06:59 PM

Please check your steps with the document here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/70/465/1/Site-Survey+With+Standalone+AP+Cookbook+v3.3.1-and-above.pdf

You need to give it a static ip address, is the first thing off the top of my head.

• 3.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:10 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the help....   That is the guide that I followed...   I do have a static IP of 192.168.20.2..  The AP shows vap aruba000 and 001 vlan is 1. not discovering tunnel vlan.   On the controller it shows up with and AP IP and outer AP IP.  Network summary shows IPSEC UP and do see SSID..... But when you unplug ap it will not come up and no SSID?   thanks!

• 4.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:12 PM

Is your Virtual AP RAP Mode Always?  "Not discovering Tunnel VLAN" is cosmetic.

• 5.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:15 PM

Remote-AP Operation - always

Forwardmode - bridge

• 6.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:20 PM

Console log when it is booting up without the controller?

• 7.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:40 PM

• 8.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:40 PM

I was just going to log the output and the AP came up :)

The only thing different was the AP was connected to the controller longer before being unplugged..

When adjusting the power settings do you change the power on the radio profile?  I am guessing we would want to disable ARM somehow?  What would be a typical power setting for a Voice deployment on a site survey?

Thanks again!!!

• 9.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 07:41 PM

@zildj wrote:

I was just going to log the output and the AP came up :)

The only thing different was the AP was connected to the controller longer before being unplugged..

When adjusting the power settings do you change the power on the radio profile?  I am guessing we would want to disable ARM somehow?  What would be a typical power setting for a Voice deployment on a site survey?

Thanks again!!!

Make the power 12 for a typical VOIP phone for both bands.  yes, change it in the radio profile.  It will not change channels when it is not connected to the controller.

• 10.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 08:11 PM

Thanks

To disable arm do you just uncheck the scanning tab?

Then to set the power do you make min and max tx eirp the same?  or change the transmit eirp and TPC power under radio profile?

Does that number = the dbm power?  defualt setting being 15.    thx

• 11.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 08:12 PM

Make the ARM mode Disable.  Then the AP will set itself to the channel and power in the radio profile.  Scanning has no effect when ARM is disabled.

• 12.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 08:47 PM

How can you find what dBm your AP is set at in the console?  Thanks

• 13.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

• 14.  RE: Site Survey with Standalone AP

Posted Jan 31, 2013 09:23 PM

I will check it out  ----  many thanks!!