Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Site to Site w/ Dynamic IP - Design & Advice

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Site to Site w/ Dynamic IP - Design & Advice

Posted Sep 09, 2014 11:04 PM

I realize that site-to-site VPN is possible with one controller having a dynamic IP, however I'm looking for any advice or recommendations on how I might chose a controller and/or configure this before ordering equipment.

My scenario is this: Site A has an existing 620 local running 6.1.3.6-Airgroup & Site B has a 620 master running the same AOS. I will be implementing some new AP's at site A which are not compatible with AOS 6.1.X so I'm looking at using a new 7005 running 6.4 code. Site A does NOT have a static public IP while site B DOES. My plan is to make the 7005 at site A a standalone master & then create a site-to-site VPN back to site B's master. This would allow for the same type of L3 routing that we already have with the master-local IPSEC tunnels.

I'm open to any thoughts, suggestions. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Site to Site w/ Dynamic IP - Design & Advice

Posted Sep 11, 2014 11:09 AM

Bump. Any thoughts or suggestions?

• 3.  RE: Site to Site w/ Dynamic IP - Design & Advice

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2014 09:47 AM

Clayman,

Is your question about if you should use the 7005 to terminate a site to site VPN using dynamic ip addresses?

• 4.  RE: Site to Site w/ Dynamic IP - Design & Advice

Posted Sep 15, 2014 03:43 PM

My question is, does anyone see any reason why this would not work or if there are any "gotcha's" with tryin to do a site-to-site between a 7005 & a 620. The 7005 would have a dynamic public IP while the 620 would be static.