Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Site to Site with Azure?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Apr 11, 2019 03:53 PM

Has anyone successfully built a site to site VPN with an Azure cloud server?

If not, does anyone know if ArubaOS is capable of so with Azure. Aruba is not listed in Azure compatible S2S client list however it does state in that list that just because a device is not listed does not mean it won't work, the list is just of validated devices.

Any help is appreciated, thanks gang.

• 2.  RE: Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Apr 11, 2019 04:00 PM
    I think it should work. Azure has a lot of documentation about S2S parameters like encryption and timers. A few weeks ago I build a S2S to a Palo Alto firewall. It works but there are some weird rules with routing in ArubaOS and default route through a VPN tunnel, Please check the ArubaOS documentation. You can also run a Aruba SD Branch VPN concentrator in Azure.

• 3.  RE: Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Apr 11, 2019 04:36 PM

SD Branch VPN Concentrator? You mean a virtual controller in Azure?

Do tell :-) 

• 4.  RE: Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Apr 11, 2019 04:49 PM
    Yes! But this is only possible with Aruba Central and not with a MM. This is part of the SD Branch solution

• 5.  RE: Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Apr 11, 2019 05:02 PM

So you are saying I could put an Aruba SD branch VPN concentrator that our Azure servers could connect to and then we could site 2 site with our on prem mobility controller?

• 6.  RE: Site to Site with Azure?

Posted Jul 05, 2019 04:35 AM

i don't know a VPN-Concentrator in azure, but there is a virtual-gateway for azure.

Does anybody know if you can deploy 2 virtual gateways in azure for redundancy (eg. firmware updates or other maintenance)?

Is it possible to connect an aruba virtual branch gaetway in azure to a 3rd party fw with ipsec tunnel? 

i wann build a lab enviroment with azure but do not have a vpn-concentrator on prem in my lab.