Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Skype4B visibility

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Skype4B visibility

Posted Jan 26, 2016 11:06 AM

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get visibility of Skype4B calls in my controller environment. I've upgraded to 6.4.4.4,  have followed the user-guide for 6.4.4.0 (p973 onwards) to define an ACL that classifies the media and have assigned this to the user-role. I see the client as a Skype4B client, but when I make a call from the client I do not see any call metrics.The client status is also 'idle' but 'registered' when I check the status of the client during the call.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Skype4B visibility

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2016 11:10 AM

You need to install the Lync SDN API plugin for that to work.  Hueristics does not work for S4B.  Please see the document below:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/SG_DeployMicrosoftLync.pdf

• 3.  RE: Skype4B visibility

Posted Jan 26, 2016 11:10 AM
    Are you using the SDN API ?

You need to have this enabled in order to get the UCC visibility

• 4.  RE: Skype4B visibility

Posted Jan 26, 2016 01:30 PM

No, no SDN at present. Our provider, for none technical reasons, was reluctant to implement this, instead wanting to offer a proprietary solution for call quality reporting. My big concern is without the SDN we lose visibility of the application on the network, and have nothing to challenge the provider with should there be a dispute regarding call quality and the root cause of this if they are not capturing metrics about the network medium,