Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

Posted Jan 07, 2019 06:05 AM

Hi Gurus , 

I am facing one issue regaridng the Wirelss , hope you can suggest any sloution for this . I have 2 SSID,s , 1 is having PSK and other is configured with 802.1x . We have 400 MBPS Link . The SSID whihc is having PSK is giving the proper speed /bandwidth but the SSID which is  having  802.1x  became very slow and its giving only 20mbps as tested in speed test . Could you please advise what parametrs i have to check and which sloution i can apply to rectifie this issue . Hope to get a reply from Gurus regarding this .

Cheers .

Muddy.

• 2.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 06:25 AM

- What is the output of "show ap active" or "show aps"?

- Do you have broadcast filtering enabled?

- What wireless client are youusing for your tests?

• 3.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

Posted Jan 07, 2019 06:45 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Cjoseph , 

Thanks a lot for your reply , yeah i have applied the broadcast filtering . Please find the attcahed output of SH AP active , i am using a laptop for testing .

Regards ,

Muddy.

Attachment(s)

docx
    Logs For Aruba.docx   18 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 07, 2019 07:03 AM

You have 40 and 80 mhz channels enabled which will cause alot of contention.  In the RF ARM profile, make sure that 80mhz channels is unchecked.

• 5.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

Posted Jan 08, 2019 12:25 AM

Hi Cjoseph , 

I will check and revert .

• 6.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2019 06:36 AM

Hi Cjoseph , 

I have applied the changes but it didnt worked , bandwidth was still slow 20 mbps out of 400 mbps link  . Than i created anoter Test SSID and made the some changes ( i selected WPA 2 AES instead of TKIP in test SSID ) and implemented 802.1x for this new Test SSID when i made a speed test it was giving me almost 170 mbps means it was giving me the desired result . So i replicated the Same configuration for my Staff SSID and its working fine now . I am attaching the screenshots of the changes which i have made on WLC and it had solved my issue .Hope if anybody else facing this issue it might give them some relief . I am really thankful to you and all other community members who are trying to help others .

Cheers ,

Muddy.

• 7.  RE: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 09, 2019 09:08 AM

The TKIP standard limits you to 54 megs.  It is also insecure, so don't use it.