Wireless Access

Contributor I

Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

Hi Gurus , 

I am facing one issue regaridng the Wirelss , hope you can suggest any sloution for this . I have 2 SSID,s , 1 is having PSK and other is configured with 802.1x . We have 400 MBPS Link . The SSID whihc is having PSK is giving the proper speed /bandwidth but the SSID which is  having  802.1x  became very slow and its giving only 20mbps as tested in speed test . Could you please advise what parametrs i have to check and which sloution i can apply to rectifie this issue . Hope to get a reply from Gurus regarding this .

Cheers .

Muddy.

Guru Elite

Re: Slowness in Wireless Bandwidth

- What is the output of "show ap active" or "show aps"?

- Do you have broadcast filtering enabled?

- What wireless client are youusing for your tests?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Hi Cjoseph , 

Thanks a lot for your reply , yeah i have applied the broadcast filtering . Please find the attcahed output of SH AP active , i am using a laptop for testing .

Regards ,

Muddy.

Guru Elite

You have 40 and 80 mhz channels enabled which will cause alot of contention.  In the RF ARM profile, make sure that 80mhz channels is unchecked.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

Hi Cjoseph , 

I will check and revert .

Contributor I

Hi Cjoseph , 

I have applied the changes but it didnt worked , bandwidth was still slow 20 mbps out of 400 mbps link  . Than i created anoter Test SSID and made the some changes ( i selected WPA 2 AES instead of TKIP in test SSID ) and implemented 802.1x for this new Test SSID when i made a speed test it was giving me almost 170 mbps means it was giving me the desired result . So i replicated the Same configuration for my Staff SSID and its working fine now . I am attaching the screenshots of the changes which i have made on WLC and it had solved my issue .Hope if anybody else facing this issue it might give them some relief . I am really thankful to you and all other community members who are trying to help others .

Cheers ,

Muddy.

Guru Elite

The TKIP standard limits you to 54 megs.  It is also insecure, so don't use it.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: