Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Small Office Controller and BYOD

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Small Office Controller and BYOD

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:20 PM

Recently added a new small office controller, as part of our network, we utilize byod onboarding.  The issue we are having is with the Apple devices; Apple app for byod will not download, however, anyone with an android device works fine.  

The interesting issue is the campus controller this local is part of, works fine.  My question is, is there a setting on the local controller that needs to be manually set for apple devices like the android devices under the Advanced Services/Stateful Firewall/Destination ?  I know the apple devices work a little different than the Android devices when downloading the byod client.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:25 PM
    Are you using ClearPass Onboard?

• 3.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:26 PM

yes we are, all the campus controllers are not having this issue, just the 3 small office controllers we installed.

• 4.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:28 PM

do you think we are missing something in CP to add?

• 5.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

MVP
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:29 PM

I am confused.. for onboarding iOS clients you don't need to download any application? All is done with the API's.. right?

• 6.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:36 PM

I know Apple is done a little differently, but wasn't sure why adding an additional local controller to a master/local design would cause, apple devices not to onboard if they are attached to the new local, but work fine on the existing campus local, and the android stuff works fine.  Trying to figure out if there is a setting that needs to be added that I'm missing.

• 7.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:42 PM
    At which specific step is there an issue?

• 8.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 12:25 PM
    Are you using ClearPass Onboard?

• 9.  RE: Small Office Controller and BYOD

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2017 06:24 PM
    Is the SSID on the small Office the same as on the campus?