Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Snmp traps wlsxIpSpoofingDetected and wlsxNIpSpoofingDetected? What does the capital N mean?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Snmp traps wlsxIpSpoofingDetected and wlsxNIpSpoofingDetected? What does the capital N mean?

Posted Feb 11, 2015 09:06 AM

There are several snmp traps that are duplicated. The only dofference is the capital N in the trap. What dows this represent? I think it came out in 6.0 code but cannot find any documentation on the differences. I would like to only enable one of these traps. Thanks in advance for any help or direction. 

• 2.  RE: Snmp traps wlsxIpSpoofingDetected and wlsxNIpSpoofingDetected? What does the capital N mean?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2015 09:34 PM

the non-N version of the trap is a legacy trap i believe.  If i recall correctly the capital N was added to indicate next generation controller/trap library to differentiate from the legacy snmp entry. in theory you sholudn't see the legacy trap coming from newer controllers/code. i'm quoting most of this from memory though!

• 3.  RE: Snmp traps wlsxIpSpoofingDetected and wlsxNIpSpoofingDetected? What does the capital N mean?

Posted Feb 19, 2015 08:03 AM

Thank you. 

Is there any additional informamtion in the trap? That being said if there are duplicate trap names N and non N, you could simply disable the non N trap in the controller. I will look for a release not or document. Please provide if you have a doc or a link if you have one. Aprreciate the information.!!