Wireless Access

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Social login and personal information

Hi guys,

When I access the network through a captive portal with social login such as Aruba Central or ClearPass, what information do I get from the user? There is a post about this but it is somewhat old then I thought is better to open a new one.

Regards,
Julián
Highlighted

Re: Social login and personal information

Depends on how you configure it.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Something more specific? I guess the personal details that will be share with Aruba Central or ClearPass are configured on the social provider side? Will the user be presented with a warning in the captive portal advising he is going to share his personal information?

Regards,
Julián
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Hi,

Any idea?

Regards,

Julián

Highlighted

It will vary, based on the social platform authenticated against. Each platform implements their privacy differently, so there is no consistent set of information that I've seen.

I have not seen a warning message on a captive portal indicating that data was being shared by logging in via a social media platform, but I would expect this could be added as a custom change if the customer required.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: