Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Software rollback

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Software rollback

Posted Sep 29, 2016 04:11 AM

I've got a couple of 7210's setup in Master-Master with VRRP, i recently upgrading these to 6.4.4.9 but due to issues with MIPT I'm looking to roll back.  When I upgraded I just upgraded the second partition so the old software (6.4.3.6) and configuration should be safe and sound on partition 0.  My question is, to rollback is it as easy as changing the default boot partition on both controllers then reboot them both?

I know this is a bit if a daft question but i've never had to roll back before now.

Dave 

• 2.  RE: Software rollback
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 05:31 AM

You should be able to switch partitions to roll the software back, but the old configuration is not savd in the old partition.  You might want to look at the flash by typing "dir" to see if there is a saved configuration before you upgraded.  Whenever there is a software upgrade, expecially for major versions of code there is a possibility that the configuration has been migrated...

• 3.  RE: Software rollback

Posted Sep 29, 2016 05:46 AM

Thanks Colin, I did a full flash backup pre-upgrade so I've just got to find that...could be harder than said!

I do see a config file that has a time stamp of roughly the time I carried out the upgrade but not sure if that will be pre or post upgrade.

So is the configuration stored in the partition with software or in a third partition?

Dave

• 4.  RE: Software rollback

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2016 06:43 AM

The configuration is stored in flash, which is not a partition.  The system image is stored in partitions.

• 5.  RE: Software rollback

Posted Sep 29, 2016 06:44 AM

Thanks for clarrification Colin