Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Solarwinds SCP server to Controller issues.

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Solarwinds SCP server to Controller issues.

Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:24 PM

I am attempting to copy a file to a 6.4 controller via command line and using solarwinds scp server. I can copy files from the controller without issue but for the love of all that is holy I cant figure out what I am doing wrong.

Here is the command. 

10.10.10.10 windows 2012 server running Solarwinds SCP server.

Username of "Aruba"

Excuted on local controller running 6.4.4.21 FIPS

#copy scp 10.10.10.10 Aruba md_setup.cfg flash: md_setup.cfg
    Password:*********

Secure File Copy:....
    Error downloading file
    scp: Failed to open file md_setup.cfg.

The SCP server shows.

10/21/2020 11:15 AMUnknownAuthenticated user Aruba from IP 10.11.10.25.
     10/21/2020 11:15 AMUnknownUser Aruba from IP 10.11.10.25 downloading file at "md_setup.cfg".

I have tried forward and back slashes, putting the file in a folder and adding the path both with and without the drive. If I reverse the order I can download a file from the controller without issue. I also tried via the GUI without luck. 

Any help would make my day.

Thank You,

• 2.  RE: Solarwinds SCP server to Controller issues.

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:32 PM

Hi Hargert,

Iam not familar with Solarwinds SCP. But i write a blog howto quickly setup a SCP server in 3 minutes based on a free Turnkey Linux fileserver runs on VMware. https://blog.marcelkoedijk.nl/?p=54

Another suggestion is test your SCP server with a client like WINSCP and look if its good configured.

Maybe it helps.

• 3.  RE: Solarwinds SCP server to Controller issues.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:36 PM

I am not using the FIPS version but this works as long as I configure the root directory correct in solarwinds scp server on Windows 10

(Babarella) #copy scp: 192.168.1.207 admin ArubaOS_72xx_8.5.0.0-2.0.0.6_76205 flash: ArubaOS_72xx_8.5.0.0-2.0.0
    Password:**********

Press 'q' to abort.

Secure File Copy:........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    File Copied Successfully!

• 4.  RE: Solarwinds SCP server to Controller issues.

Posted Oct 21, 2020 01:56 PM

I just tried with a larger file and it transferred as expected so it looks like an issue with the file I am trying to send. Thank you very much for the help!