Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Posted May 09, 2014 11:27 PM

On the AP there are four LED

1 Power                  Solid Green

2 Ethernet              Solid Green

3 11/abg                 Solid Green

411/an                    Off

After Sometime 2to 3mins Solid green of 11/abg swaps to the 11/an. now 11/an solid green and 11/abg in off. process repeats after same time.

what is the problem ?

Kindly help me in this regard

• 2.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Posted May 10, 2014 08:58 AM
    If this is a controller manage AP make sure that HT is enabled under the ssid profile
    If it is an IAP make sure that in the rf settings > radio the support only legacy devices is not enabled

• 3.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Posted May 11, 2014 12:45 AM

It is a controller manageable AP's.

My question Is the LED's 11/A/N is swapping to 11/B/GN due to AM mode ? because some AP's are on AM mode.

Down AP's are administratively down.

1.jpg

• 4.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2014 04:51 AM

Hi,

Try to disable the DFS channels (and also the VHT configurtion)

Read here: (jgoff - Thank u)

if you have to use DFS/are in a DFS only location then I would recommend that you monitor the ARM history (or the logs) and there are APs having problems on say 56- then you can consider a couple of courses of action:

>> anything interesting about the location of the APs ? I have a customer that has an office located near a commerical waterway, all the APs along the window side of the building towards the waterway will trip radar on the 52-64 range of channels. Hence, i created a new reg domain profile for those edge APs and made them unable to use DFS.

>> if just one AP, consider forcing it to another channel as a workaround

>> if many/all APs, maybe have to remove the channel pair all together from the allowed 40Mhz chanells

If you really have a radar issue then you may also find that ARM sees that channel as more attractive due to fewer APs on it, so it does frequently put the AP back to the channel, so some sort of action should be taken per above

Read here more info:

http://www.airheads.eu/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Radar-detected-but-what-does-the-TypeID-mean/td-p/145221

Let me know if its helped u.

have a great weekend,

Me.

• 5.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Posted May 11, 2014 02:40 PM

Unable to understand.... difficult   :smileysad:

• 6.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2014 03:31 PM

Are those access points similar to any of your other access points, or are they different?  If so, how are they different?  Are they in a different AP group, etc?

• 7.  RE: Solid green 11/A/N swaps to Solid green 11/B/GN. Process repeats again and again . Help !!!!!

Posted May 13, 2014 02:11 AM

Those AP's are on the Air monitoring mode. Might be LED are swapping due to AP are in the AM mode.