Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Some Question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Some Question

Posted May 15, 2020 11:58 PM

Hi Guys,

I have a campus AP cluster consists of IAP-134 and IAP-205, managed by a 650 Mobility controller. My question is: 

1. How to expose the VPN tunnel of the controller to the Internet, but forbid access from the public to the control panel?

2. What is the expected goodput of AP-134? (Mbps)

3. Does a native campus ap (with fit firmware) have greater performance than a converted campus ap (with fat firmware but running at campus mode)?

4. From a testing report I found that AP-205 reached to almost 600Mbps goodput, however, in my situation (2 SSID, bridged forward, WPA2-PSK, multicast optimization enabled), only 400Mbps goodput can be achieved. Why?

5. Where can I get the source code of instant os or arubaos instead of sending a 10$ check to Aruba? (This approach is not feasible to me, and the source code of Aruba 310 series seems not intact)

Many thanks!

• 2.  RE: Some Question
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 16, 2020 04:38 PM

The IAP-135 is an 802.11n AP with max. 64-qam modulation. The IAP-205 is an 80211ac Wave-1 with max. 256-qam modulation.

Max. goodput (real throughput) is around 60% of the modulation bitrate. See also the MSC index https://www.wlanpros.com/mcs-index-charts/

Most clients are those days have 2x2 streams support. Also your max. modulation goodputh depends on channelwidth, guard interval, streams and signal strength.

Source code isn't public available. Firmware can be download from https://asp.arubanetworks.com.

• 3.  RE: Some Question

Posted May 16, 2020 09:05 PM

Thanks for your answer!