Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Some smartphone clients can't connect

Hello,

Yesterday I increased de EIRP but didn't solve my problem... as I expected. I have realized more test for today... and I can confirm that...

1.- First connection to my WiFi without problems...

2.- If I move around the building within the wireless coverage area... I continue connected to the wifi with my smartphone.

3.- If I leave the coverage area, when I come back no longer reconnect. I have to turn off the wifi on the smartphone five minutes ... then I turn and connects me

In the debug log only I see the as I attached yesterady in my first post...

Have you some idea about this...?

Thanks and regards

Carlos

Highlighted
Guru Elite

You would only increase the EIRP on the 802.11a radio...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks.... I have done right now... But the problem continue... I don't think that modificating the EIRP values I can solve theses "disconnections"...

Highlighted

CJMORENO, were you ever able to solve this issue? We're running into a very similar issue after changing the vlan assignment within a user-role. Our clients sit and spin when attempting to connect to the SSID even though they are showing up in the controller's user-table in the correct user-role. I've found that when I issue a "aaa user delete mac x.x.x.x.x.x" the client is able to reconnect but the issue eventually reappears. I do have a case open but am waiting to hear back from TAC. Thanks in advance!

JB

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Jonathan,

It is not recommended to change the VLAN within a user role.  Is this a Captive Portal SSID or 802.1x SSID?  If you are using a radius server, you should use a radius attribute to change the VLAN, instead.

Also, the case above is two years old, so there is a 50/50 chance of whether it was hardware, software, configuration or environment that caused that issue.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: