Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Some smartphone clients can't connect

Hello,

Yesterday I increased de EIRP but didn't solve my problem... as I expected. I have realized more test for today... and I can confirm that...

1.- First connection to my WiFi without problems...

2.- If I move around the building within the wireless coverage area... I continue connected to the wifi with my smartphone.

3.- If I leave the coverage area, when I come back no longer reconnect. I have to turn off the wifi on the smartphone five minutes ... then I turn and connects me

In the debug log only I see the as I attached yesterady in my first post...

Have you some idea about this...?

Thanks and regards

Carlos

Guru Elite

You would only increase the EIRP on the 802.11a radio...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks.... I have done right now... But the problem continue... I don't think that modificating the EIRP values I can solve theses "disconnections"...

CJMORENO, were you ever able to solve this issue? We're running into a very similar issue after changing the vlan assignment within a user-role. Our clients sit and spin when attempting to connect to the SSID even though they are showing up in the controller's user-table in the correct user-role. I've found that when I issue a "aaa user delete mac x.x.x.x.x.x" the client is able to reconnect but the issue eventually reappears. I do have a case open but am waiting to hear back from TAC. Thanks in advance!

JB

Guru Elite

Jonathan,

It is not recommended to change the VLAN within a user role.  Is this a Captive Portal SSID or 802.1x SSID?  If you are using a radius server, you should use a radius attribute to change the VLAN, instead.

Also, the case above is two years old, so there is a 50/50 chance of whether it was hardware, software, configuration or environment that caused that issue.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: