Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

MVP
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:02 PM

Hi all,

There are Spectralink 6410 wireless phones in the environment that were working fine, until last night we upgraded from 6.4.4.8 to 6.5.3.3 and now they are all dropping their wireless connectivity.

One of the phones we were testing in the "show ap client trail info" was showing "Requested authentication algorithm not supported" multiple times. We also see a lot of association events. The devices seem to connect briefly, but drop off when primarily roaming, but also stationary at times.

Is there anything from 6.4.4.8 to 6.5 that could be impacting these devices? Anything that is no longer supported or was modified?

• 2.  RE: Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

MVP
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:25 PM

Upon further review, the 802.11a phones may not be having the issues, just the 802.11b.

Any changes based on 802.11b in 6.5 or legacy clients?

• 3.  RE: Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:34 PM

I would increase the minimum and maximum ARM transmit power by 3.

• 4.  RE: Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

MVP
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 05:38 PM

We've been concerned with sticky clients, I'm a little hesistant to increase power. They have 15dBm as Max on both 2.4 and 5. - FYI I didn't configure this, and can't change it right now unfortunately.

• 5.  RE: Spectralink 6410 Wireless Drops After Upgrade

MVP
    Posted Jan 30, 2018 09:49 AM

We believe some of the issues we were experiencing were RF interference related. We started cutting phones over to 802.11a and the issues were mitigated. We also believe the issue is coverage, but since we've tuned the radios to increase the recommended value. We have a few other optimizing changes we are going to implement, including QoS which should help with the traffic.

Thanks for the help