Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Split-Tunnel scr NAT

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Split-Tunnel scr NAT

Posted Nov 08, 2018 06:41 AM

I configured RAP with slpit-tunnel mode, users are accessing internet locally and the DHCP from the HQ and everything is working fine. but here is the issue when i access the internet i see on the firewall that the client accessing the internet with the AP's ip address not user's ip.

my question is can the client access the internet with its user ip address and not the AP's ip ?

does anyone have idea about this or faced this issue somehow ? 

• 2.  RE: Split-Tunnel scr NAT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2018 06:55 AM

With split tunnel, the user gets its ip address from the headend, and when traffic goes out of the access point, it can ONLY be source-natted.  If you want the user to get an individual ip address on that AP with the real ip address showing up on the firewall, the forwarding mode must be bridged and not split-tunneled.

• 3.  RE: Split-Tunnel scr NAT

Posted Feb 12, 2019 10:05 AM

Hi!

After reading this post I figure out that it is not possible to have a Captive Portal in RAP mode where users are bridge to the network. So tThere is no way to use split-tunnel: tunnel during pre-auth and bridge after post-auth.

Any work arround to have CP using CAP or RAP in bridge mode?

Regards

• 4.  RE: Split-Tunnel scr NAT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2019 10:17 AM

You cannot have users in bridge mode with Captive Portal.  Correct.

You CAN have users with split tunnel and Captive Portal on a RAP, though.  The instructions are here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-configure-Captive-Portal-for-Guest-Access-on-a-Remote-AP/ta-p/177144

It uses the tunneled ip addresses to reach the controller's captive portal and then source-nats all of the other traffic after authentication out of the ip address of the AP.