Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Split controller licence

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Split controller licence

Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:00 AM

Hi 

If I order the device for different clients in one order. I can split licenses between them if I have to be ordered separately.

exp. in order 74 x JW472AAE 

64 x JW472AAE for the first clients 

10 x JW472AAE for the second clients 

Best 

Krzysiek 

• 2.  RE: Split controller licence

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:13 AM

Yes, you can.

• 3.  RE: Split controller licence

Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi, during activation ?

• 4.  RE: Split controller licence

Posted Dec 14, 2016 10:14 AM

This sounds good. Can you please describe what is the process for the split.

Cheers,

LG

• 5.  RE: Split controller licence

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 10:16 AM

What are you trying to do?  If you are trying to order two separate licenses at different times, you can do that.  Purchase one, apply it.  Purchase another one later, and apply it later...

• 6.  RE: Split controller licence

Posted Dec 15, 2016 04:16 AM

HI.

When I put together a orders for the two controllers, and licensed to them.
    I received the license which is the sum of the licenses for both controllers. Controllers will work independently so I could do with a single server license. Now I need to activate half of the license on one half of the second. Is there any way to do this?

KK

• 7.  RE: Split controller licence

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2016 06:04 AM

You cannot activate the same license on two controllers, unfortunately. You should engage your sales contact to get that corrected.

EDIT:. If both controllers are on the same routed network, you can set them up for centralized licensing where they can share licensing, however. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm?Highlight=Centralized

Sorry for giving you the runaround.  If this is two separate customers, you cannot share licenses or do centralized licensing.  You need to have your sales order corrected.  Please contact the vendor to have this done.

• 8.  RE: Split controller licence

Posted Dec 15, 2016 09:34 AM

Thanks for your assistance

KK