Wireless Access

Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Hello I have 2 controllers and i would like to put both in HA for redundancy, and also that i could do centrilized licensing 

In is important to note that in this scenario i got no mobility master and we are talking about 2 7010s

i got 3 questions

Can i configure those 2 7010s in HA?

Can i configure centrilized licensing so they can share license even if they both in stand alone ? just in like version 6?

When they are in HA in active and stand by are they syncronizing all the config? just like in version 6?

Thanks

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: Stand alone controllers with HA and centralized licensing

Here are a couple of recent posts that may help you understand the configuration better.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/OS8-Standalone-7210-controllers/m-p/547886#M92908

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Arubaos8-two-controllers-redundancy-scenario/m-p/547657#M92836

I hope this helps,

David
Sr. Trainer and Author of upcoming "Understanding ArubaOS: Version 8.x" book

Thank you for your reply wescott, im guessing that the configuration will replicate on the stand by controller right? just like in v6?

those links were really helpful, i saw that collin said that you are able to enable the centrilized license so you dont need to buy the licenses again for example if i got licenses for 20 aps  i dont need to buy 20 licenses again.

Thanks

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Frequent Contributor I

Yes, you would have to do the standalone controller with a VRRP standby. Almost identical to a master-master in v6. And yes, you only need one set of 20 licenses.

David
Sr. Trainer and Author of upcoming "Understanding ArubaOS: Version 8.x" book

hello Westcott

I have the fallowing scenario:

1 controller  with 128 License( on master mode)

1 controller  with 128 license( on master mode)

Both controller on stand alone  Active / passive with VRRP

If i activate the centrlized license  it will sum 256  even if its 128 in each controller?  or i need to install  the 256 license in one controller?

I ask this becuase im migrating a master master active stand by  and the license are installed like that.  Right now its working fine in  v6 but i was wondering if in v8 its like that too 

Second question

If i got 

1 7210 on master mode

1 7210 on master mode

both  on active / stand by 

If i want to migrate from 6.x to 8.x  can i use the migration tool even if im on master mode on 6.x and ill be on stand alone mode on 8.x?

Carlos

Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: