Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Static IP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 07:45 AM

We have a Aruba 3400 controller and 50 AP's . 3 ssid are enabled. Recently we had to assign static ip for some of the laptops to connect it trhough the AP's. But on two SSID the static ip works and the third one is not connecting to the network with static ip. But as soon as I changed the ip to DHCP it connects. I am confused why only one ssid is not letting client machines to connect with static ip. Please help

• 2.  RE: Static IP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 07:47 AM
    Do you have enforce DHCP enabled in the AAA profile?

• 3.  RE: Static IP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 08:01 AM

Yes it is....:) .Thanks. I have unchecked it and it started working .. We have mac authentication for that ssid will that get effected if I unchecked dhcp??

• 4.  RE: Static IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 08:02 AM

No, MAC auth should not be affected. Enforce DHCP is designed to do exactly what you saw: deny L3 access to devices that do not receive their IP address from DHCP.

• 5.  RE: Static IP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 08:03 AM

Thank you very much for your help.

• 6.  RE: Static IP

Posted Oct 29, 2014 11:39 AM

If all you need to do is make sure a particular host always gets the same IP, you may want to consider using a reservation on the DHCP servers and leaving the Enforce DHCP option enabled.  If the host simply cannot do DHCP because it is old and broken, you'll have to use it on an SSID where security is not a concern.