Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Strange Issues with adding/updating Security Policies

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Strange Issues with adding/updating Security Policies

Posted Jan 17, 2013 04:38 PM

Good Afternoon!

I am working with a 620 controller and am having strange issues when I'm trying to add or update security policies in the controller.  I am able to create policies with no issues, I just can't add any rules to them.  When I create a rule and click add it will show in the list, however when I click apply to try to save the rule, it returns to the policy screen and shows that it has 0 rules.  When I try to edit the policy to have a look, there are in fact no rules.  Something else I found strange is that there are no services in the list.  When I try to create a rule that allows or denys a service, the list of options is empty.  I found this strange since there are other rules for other policies using services.  I was running 6.1.3.6 when I discovered this and I tried to update to 6.2.0.1 and the problem is still there.

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Strange Issues with adding/updating Security Policies
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2013 04:56 PM

Please confirm you have PEFNG licenses installed.  The services and policies require this.

• 3.  RE: Strange Issues with adding/updating Security Policies

Posted Jan 17, 2013 05:19 PM

That would be it.  I do not.  I figured it was something I was overlooking. 

Thanks!