Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Syslog Messages - Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Syslog Messages - Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

Posted Mar 13, 2017 03:12 AM

Hi

Was hoping to get some insight as to what these messages mean  - I am seeing them on my Syslog server coming from my Aruba Controller - the messages tend to repeat multiple times.
    The messages appear all related to SSH - is this perhaps a something trying to login and can't?
    Model: 3600
    Firmware: 6.4.4.6

Messages seen:
    **Aruba-WLC-01 sshd[8044]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
    **Aruba-WLC-01 sshd[25619]: fatal: Unable to negotiate a key exchange method

**Aruba-WLC-01 sshd[20723]: fatal: no matching cipher found: client aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,arcfour256,arcfour128 server aes128-cbc,aes256-cbc

• 2.  RE: Syslog Messages - Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 07:32 AM

Are you the only one that can SSH into your controller?  It looks like a misconfigured SSH client.

• 3.  RE: Syslog Messages - Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2017 07:32 AM

Are you the only one that can SSH into your controller?  It looks like a misconfigured SSH client.

• 4.  RE: Syslog Messages - Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

Posted Mar 14, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi

Yes I am able to SSH to the device - me and my coleague has SSH access.
    Judging from the time stamps it is all during our none workling hours.

I am suspecting our Monitoring system maybe trying to connect for Config backup - however we haven't seen errors that it fails - but worth looking at I guess.