Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing

Posted Sep 17, 2020 07:26 AM

So we just RMA broken AP-125 that won't boot. Unlike the newer AP, AP-125 has plastic casing including the mounting. But since the unit was up for almost 10 years, the plastic becomes brittle and when we tried to remove it from the mount, the mounting mechanism on the unit broke. It's not the first time this is happening to us and we always get the replacement unit.

However, they refused to service our unit this time and keep saying that it's physical damage. But come on, the brittle plastic has nothing to do with unit not booting up and it's clear that the unit hasn't been dropped or something. Already escalated the case, but they still refused to service them. What should I do in this case?

• 2.  RE: TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:25 AM

I'd be surprised if they did RMA it, 10 years is a good run for an AP!

The AP also went end of support 1-Aug-2018.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/support/EOS_AP-124125_2.pdf

Have you spoken to your Aruba Account Manager?

• 3.  RE: TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing

Posted Sep 17, 2020 09:28 AM

The problem is that I asked them before I send back my unit. I even sent them the picture. They confirmed that the unit was eligible and I already received my replacement unit. However, two weeks later, they gave me a call today and demand the new unit back. When I asked why they confirm that it was eligible, they told me that the person has no power to sent out such confirmation. I'm very confused now.

I haven't spoke with my Aruba Account manager yet. In fact, I have no idea who that was. The purchase was done by IT staff long time ago which has long gone by now.

• 4.  RE: TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing

Posted Sep 24, 2020 12:05 AM

Not trying to start any battle or argument, but there's a whole slew of them on eBay for about $20-$30 including shipping. It might be worth a look.

• 5.  RE: TAC refused to RMA AP-125 with brittle plastic casing

Posted Sep 24, 2020 12:33 AM

Hi,

They just called us and replaced the problematic units with AP-135. Appreciate your suggestion, BTW.

Thanks!