Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:53 AM

Hi, Everyone.

I need to adjust TCP-MSS in a controller under firmware version 6.5.2.0_59123, but I did not find where is this option, or if is it available?
    It's possible to modify this parameter? or are will be available in the future?

Thank you.
    Regards,

Javier García.

• 2.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

Posted Aug 02, 2017 09:30 AM

Hi Javier,

I'm alos interested in if this possible (although in my situation I would think this would need to be fixed by Intel since device/model specific - upon first glance I should say). I was just curious if you were inquiring because you're also having issues with a laptop using an Intel AC 8260 wireless adapter (based on the timing of your post with the following Intel discussion - https://communities.intel.com/thread/115425

I was informed of an issue last night where speedtest Download Speeds were in the "0.04Mbps" but upload was perfect fine "56-60Mbps" for one specific individual and it's a consistent behavior. I told him interestingly the only time I ever saw that problem before was initially at branch locations behind a VPN tunnel with CAPs (resolved with setting the MTU down to 1200) - but reading up on that discussion and the MSS/MTU - sounds like what may be happening. I was only informed late last night so haven't dived deeply into this issue yet with TAC.

• 3.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 01:30 PM

@jgdelafuente wrote:

Hi, Everyone.

I need to adjust TCP-MSS in a controller under firmware version 6.5.2.0_59123, but I did not find where is this option, or if is it available?
    It's possible to modify this parameter? or are will be available in the future?

Thank you.
    Regards,

Javier García.

It is not a parameter that can be changed on the controller.  Any idea what you want to accomplish?  Maybe we have a workaround..

• 4.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:58 AM

Hi, 

In a costumer we have the following topology deployed.

At the main site we have a 7240 (6.4.2.17), it is working like as tunnel finalizer. At the remote site are deployed RAP-205 that raise a tunnel against this controller.

The issue detected is that the RAP have the Flag "D", but after few days the flag disappears and works good.

The mtu defined in the tunnel is 1410 and the RAP 1200.

We would like to adjust this paremeter (TCP-MSS), to do troubleshooting.

Thank you.

Regards,

Javier García.

• 5.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 05:02 AM

That parameter is not configurable.  You might want to open a TAC case to see if there is another way to help you.

• 6.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

Posted Jan 10, 2018 03:45 AM

I came across this command recently.

ip pppoe-max-segment-size 1452

• 7.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2017 07:00 AM

Is there a TAC case open for this issue?  We have had issues in the past with AP205 and MTU issues affecting performance.  You can call my cell if you'd like to discuss directly.

David

• 8.  RE: TCP MSS adjust in 6.5.2

Posted Aug 17, 2017 05:07 PM

Hi, 

I have not opened a case on the TAC, but with your permission I'll call you to discuss the case. 

Thank you.

Regards,

Javier.