Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

Posted Mar 08, 2012 06:51 AM

Hello.

I have recently got a used Aruba 200. How can I get its information in https://licensing.arubanetworks.com? I would like to have all the options it offers (transfer certificates, create evaluation certificates...)

Regards.

• 2.  RE: TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

Posted Mar 08, 2012 07:51 AM

Hello.

I have seen that in the "import preload certificates" section, when login https://licensing.arubanetworks.com/, it is possible to import certificates. Is it possible to obtain the information regarding the certificates even if they were registered first time by another user?

When I fill in a serial number I get the next response: Unable to import preloaded licenses!

With another serial number I get this another reply: This Controller does not exist

Thanks for your help.

• 3.  RE: TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2012 08:05 AM
    Yes, it is possible to transfer the account. You will need to contact support to get this resolved.

• 4.  RE: TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2012 08:11 AM

@zjennings wrote:
    Yes, it is possible to transfer the account. You will need to contact support to get this resolved.
    Correction: I thought you said another user at the same company. If your company did not purchase the licenses, you probably won't be able to transfer them. Where did you purchase this controller?

• 5.  RE: TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

Posted Mar 08, 2012 08:53 AM

Hello.

I got it used in a non standard market and I do not know who is the original owner.

Regards.

• 6.  RE: TRANSFER LICENSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2012 09:02 AM

@acrz6666 wrote:

Hello.

I got it used in a non standard market and I do not know who is the original owner.

Regards.

Ok, then you will not be able to transfer the licenses.