Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Tech formatted both partitions of a 7210. Need help reloading the software.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Tech formatted both partitions of a 7210. Need help reloading the software.

Posted Feb 21, 2019 02:14 PM

Long story short, both partitions on this 7210 are formatted and have no OS. I have a full flash backup, and I'm trying to load the old software version from CPBOOT via TFTP.

This keeps failing, and I'm not sure why. 

I'm using this command to load the software:

cpboot> upgrade 0:0 ArubaOS_72xx_6.4.2.12_51328

When the software finishes uploading, I get this error:

Image is signed; verifying checksum...
    failed!

When I run a checksum it matches the checksum given by the HPE website. I'm doing something wrong here I'm sure, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Tech formatted both partitions of a 7210. Need help reloading the software.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2019 03:14 PM

Do you have a usb key?

• 3.  RE: Tech formatted both partitions of a 7210. Need help reloading the software.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 03:18 AM

Do you know how the controller was formatted? Reason for asking is that in recent versions you can do a full wipe before decommissioning the controller, which is non-recoverable by design. There is a warning shown during that process that you cannot recover the controller after that point.