Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1

Posted Nov 12, 2018 07:22 PM

*Originally had this under Security - but didn't see an appropriate Label besides "Other"*

TAC was attempting to gather logs for another issue I'm working on last week, and they needed to use Telnet on Port 2323 to gather the information this afternoon. Each time we tried to initiate TelNet on Port 2323, immediately received a "Connection Refused" - I could see datapath session table reflecting the attempts. TAC was adamant that the telnet issue was not on the controller but somewhere on the network - or my Windows Firewall. Even after I inquired if telnet was enabled by default on ArubaOS (I didn't believe it was). I gave up after an hour and informed them I would contact them back once I figured out my Telnet issue.

Closest I could find was the following for TelNet on TCP 23. By using this command, I was able to telnet to controller on Port 23 - but 2323 still generated the same "Connection Refused" by the controller. So just curious if anyone else is able to Telnet on 2323? I'm going to make another attempt with TAC tomorrow.telnet.png

• 2.  RE: TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 08:05 PM
    2323 is only enabled when support mode is enabled, which can only be triggered by authorized members of TAC.

• 3.  RE: TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1

Posted Nov 12, 2018 08:22 PM

@cappalli wrote:
    2323 is only enabled when support mode is enabled, which can only be triggered by authorized members of TAC.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks! I do remember that towards the beginning. Do you happen to know if the support mode has to be enabled on each managed device - or if enabling it on the Mobility Master will enable it for all managed devices? That might have been my issue now that I think about it.

• 4.  RE: TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 12, 2018 08:27 PM
    It is per device.

• 5.  RE: TelNet to Controllers on Port 2323 - ArubaOS 8.2.1.1

Posted Nov 14, 2018 10:52 AM

Thanks Tim. I'm making progress with TAC now that I've narrowed down the problem to being Telnet 2323 being enabled on the Mobility Master, but not the managed device they were trying to telnet into.