Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations speed chan

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations speed chan

Posted Sep 04, 2014 05:09 AM

The problem is:

The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations. I checked the wireless adapter signal on the most of users laptop and the speed changed In a minute for example

( 130Mbps, 65Mbps, 1Mbps, 9Mbps, 24Mbps, 5Mbps, 36Mbps).

This problem delay our work, so please we need to fix the problem as fast as you can. 

• 2.  RE: The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations speed chan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2014 05:23 AM

The connected rates are typically negotiated by the client.

What sort of client devices is this affecting?

Problems of this nature are normally resolved by ensuring the devices have the latest driver installed.

• 3.  RE: The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations speed chan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2014 07:18 AM

moyad.awni@sevengatellc.com wrote:

The problem is:

The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations. I checked the wireless adapter signal on the most of users laptop and the speed changed In a minute for example

( 130Mbps, 65Mbps, 1Mbps, 9Mbps, 24Mbps, 5Mbps, 36Mbps).

This problem delay our work, so please we need to fix the problem as fast as you can. 

moyad.awni,

Varying speed suggests that you have congestion in your network.  If there are a certain number of collisions, the speed of your network will decrease in an attempt to send packets successfully.  There are a number of things that cause congestion like

- Two many access points in an area

- interference from non-wifi sources

- No broadcast filtering on Virtual APs.

- Too many SSIDs being broadcast.

If this is a controller-based deployment, I would take a look at the dashboard and see if you are having any utilization issues.

• 4.  RE: The wirless speed is up and down continusly even the users not moved from there locations speed chan

Posted Sep 05, 2014 04:01 AM

moyad.awni@sevengatellc.com wrote:
    This problem delay our work, so please we need to fix the problem as fast as you can

if i read this i only think call support, they can view your environment, check for misconfiguration, check for issues and do this all much faster then on a forum.