Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Throughput on 3200XM

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Throughput on 3200XM

Posted Nov 15, 2014 01:35 PM

Hi

Does anyone have some results of running the perf-test command on a 3200XM controller between controller and an iperf server which is connected to the controller via wire? Although gigabitethernet interfaces I can only reach up to 220 Mbits/sec.

I also connected a laptop running an iperf server directly to one of the interfaces of the controller and get the same results.

The controller is running on ArubaOS 6.3.1.13

Isn't that way too low?

• 2.  RE: Throughput on 3200XM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2014 01:42 PM

What is your exact setup?

Exactly what command did you use for iperf?

What were the platforms used at both end of the iperf?

• 3.  RE: Throughput on 3200XM

Posted Nov 15, 2014 01:58 PM

The controller is running as a master and currently serving only 3 APs (AP-105, AP-134, AP-135).

I start Iperf with the options "-s -w 512K -i 1" on a machine running Windows 8 or a Macbook with OS X 10.10, both directly connected to the controller.

On the controller I used the following command: perf-test client start controller host x.x.x.x tcp window 512K

• 4.  RE: Throughput on 3200XM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 15, 2014 03:27 PM

oNek,

You have quite a few variables at play here.  Please open a TAC case.  They might want to replicate after looking at your logs.