Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Transparent Proxy

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Transparent Proxy

Posted Jan 23, 2012 09:36 AM
      |   view attached

My client uses a transparent proxy and I have set up a policy that d-nat all port 80 traffic to the ip address and port of their proxy. I then applied that policy to the user role.  All set right... done it many times in the past and it works no problem.

Well on this particular site I am getting an error. It looks like the traffic is making it to the proxy but the proxy isn't liking it.

See below for error that shows up in browser...

ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to process the request:

GET / HTTP/1.1
    Accept: text/html, application/xhtml+xml, */*
    Accept-Language: en-US
    User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)
    Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
    Host: www.google.com
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Cookie: PREF=ID=436609aff5913fca:U=a71425215a1274cf:FF=0:TM=1327086821:LM=1327092119:S=x8sxsFdvdShEWBcs; NID=55=LMQQW0vgO_ERwtoSI9ud1bvUrjw7HMfKpnd5jvm9VNFULLKOzONqTBXKfXnUikscgTmRQjNWb5oOFFLJLzlXjC1S9nAbWIc2v_L57CIAVLlZB3Zplxr795776clxkzDq

The following error was encountered:

• Invalid Request

Some aspect of the HTTP Request is invalid. Possible problems:

• Missing or unknown request method
    • Missing URL
    • Missing HTTP Identifier (HTTP/1.0)
    • Request is too large
    • Content-Length missing for POST or PUT requests
    • Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is MIS.

Generated Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:01:12 GMT by proxy (squid/2.6.STABLE20)  

Have any of you ran into this before? Is there something we need to set in the customers proxy to allow this traffic?  

• 2.  RE: Transparent Proxy

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:11 PM

Actualy the client is using a regular proxy and is not set up for transparent.

I havn't tried it yet but I bet if we set his box up to do transparent proxy then it might work. Any ideas if it's possible to do the proxy settings in the aruba without his proxy being transparent?

• 3.  RE: Transparent Proxy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2012 08:01 PM

@Jaasperff wrote:

Actualy the client is using a regular proxy and is not set up for transparent.

I havn't tried it yet but I bet if we set his box up to do transparent proxy then it might work. Any ideas if it's possible to do the proxy settings in the aruba without his proxy being transparent?

It relies on a tranparent proxy for this method, unfortunately.

• 4.  RE: Transparent Proxy

Posted Jan 24, 2012 09:53 AM

Setting to transparent got it working.

Thanks cjoseph !!!