Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble adding BW contract, cant find where to add it.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trouble adding BW contract, cant find where to add it.

Posted Apr 09, 2014 06:05 AM

I'm trying to set up a per user policy BW policy. Since we are having trouble with a few users using most of the bandwith.

Right now I'm trying to set up a BW contract according to the aruba manual, but can't get it to work.

I can create a BW contract without problem, but having trouble appling it to the enviroment.

The trouble i'm having is i cant find out how to add the BW contract to a user role. Or if its supposed to be added somewhere else, but since i'm not that at home with aruba, im trying to follow the manual. But when i follow the manual I can't get it to work, maybe i missed something obvious.

It's an aruba 3200 with arubaos 6.1.3.6

This is what I see on the webgui, at first no edit button only a view button, then when i click view i can change some properties but not any BW contract properties.

user-roles.png

user-role-guest.png

• 2.  RE: Trouble adding BW contract, cant find where to add it.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2014 08:19 AM

If there is only a view button; check whether you have the PEFNG license?......are you logged into a local controller?....Do you have root access or read only?

It should be listed under Role VLAN ID within the user role configuration:

aos-62-bw-assign.png

In newer AOS versions, it is on the Bandwidth Contracts tab within the role configuration:

aos-64-bw-assign.png

It doesn't look like yours is showing this.  Can you try another browser or delete your cache on that browser and try again?

• 3.  RE: Trouble adding BW contract, cant find where to add it.

Posted Apr 09, 2014 08:31 AM

Checked the licences on the aruba and the PEFNG licence is missing. Thanks =)