Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Troubleshoot client that won't connect

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Troubleshoot client that won't connect

Posted Jan 29, 2019 12:49 PM

All,

I'm looking for some command help.  I've got a client that can't connect to a working SSID.  Can someone give me some examples of commands I can execute in my Mobility master to get some clues as to why he can't connect?

The SSID is WPA2 personal, but there's also a MAC authentication piece in Clearpass.  Clearpass does not show any attempt to connect.  I have his MAC address and approximate time last connection attempt.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Troubleshoot client that won't connect
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 01:21 PM

Run this command on the MD right after you try to connect

show ap client trail-info <mac address of client>

If there is no output, run it on the other MD (not the MM).

• 3.  RE: Troubleshoot client that won't connect

Posted Jan 29, 2019 02:17 PM

Thanks for your help. 

I tried that command, "show ap client trail-info."  and although I can see the client connected about a month ago, I see no recent attempts. 

It sounds like the client may be having an issue.  But is there anything else I can check in the controllers to help diagnose the issue?

• 4.  RE: Troubleshoot client that won't connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 02:38 PM

Do you see any results for that client in ClearPass?  

What kind of client is it?

• 5.  RE: Troubleshoot client that won't connect

Posted Jan 29, 2019 03:07 PM

Hi.  It's a Sony PS4 game console.  I found a couple of posts online where they needed to reset the settings back to default to get it to clear some bad network setting on the game console.  I'm going to ask the client to do that.  I think this is the next step.  Everyone else can connect (including other game consoles.)  Thanks for your help.  Good command.