Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Troubleshooting Access point 303H

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Troubleshooting Access point 303H

Posted Aug 13, 2017 10:21 AM

I just purchased a 303H I'm trying to configure it for a remote access point. When I connect it to our internal lan I'm able to get the SSID setmeup, but when I connect to our external lab internet and at home to my personal cable internet I can't get the access point to broadcast the SSID setmeup to configure it. My work internal network does not route to our DMZ firewall where my NAT is for my remote access point controller normally I configure RAPs using our lab internet at work which uses's a cable provider. I took the rap home and tried it on my home network still it won't broadcast anything. I did check my home router and I see it picks up a DHCP address. Another issue is the console port I tried a USB mini adaptor but my PC keeps saying it's an unknown driver. The driver provided for USB on the Aruba tools folder is from windows 2000/xp. Were using windows 10. Any ideas on how to get this AP to configure, or how to console into it. 

• 2.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2017 10:30 AM

Have you seen the documentation here?  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/23471/Default.aspx

It is also quite possible that you are running into the issue from Friday, July 14th here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Default.aspx?TabId=139

• 3.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H

Posted Aug 13, 2017 02:43 PM

I have looked over the intstalltion PDF for the 303H but really doesn't help much, but the 2nd link you gave does make sense because the internal network does not have a DNS not found page, but my home network, and our lab network does have that page. My home network ill try to block that DNS failure page with my firewall it seems to work. 

If I provision my RAP on the internal network using the internal controller IP will the RAP work from the internet how does it know what the external IP address is after it's provisioned. Does it only get that from when you convert the rap from IAP to RAP?

• 4.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 13, 2017 03:07 PM

The RAP conversion always "burns" the ip address of the controller into flash.  You could provision it internally and when it is up on the controller as a RAP, you can provision it and point it at the public ip address of the controller.  When the RAP reboots, unplug it an take it home;  It will try to reach the public address every time after that.

• 5.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H

Posted Aug 14, 2017 01:30 AM

The DNS issue was the problem I was able to get the setmeup to comeup changing my home router DNS to 8.8.8.8. Now the RAP when I convert it not working. Here is output from secure logs Im debugging

security  debugging      N/A           crypto
    security  debugging      N/A           l2tp
    security  debugging      N/A           localdb
    security  debugging      N/A           authmgr

• 6.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 14, 2017 08:30 AM

Please open a tac case in parallel.  You probably would have to share confidential information to get this resolved, and that might not work in this forum.

• 7.  RE: Troubleshooting Access point 303H

Posted Aug 20, 2017 03:59 PM

I solved this problem I needed a default-gateway pointed to the IP address of my firewall inside NAT interface. I had an IP route which didn't work because the tunnel was being generated on the controller not passing though. As soon as I configured the IP default-gateway when I did an show IP route I could see directly connected VPN pool address 1.1.1.1