Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

Posted Oct 24, 2012 12:20 PM

I'm troubleshooting a communication issue between a wirelses client at one locatino communicating with a wired device at another location. Location A has a 620 local controller. Location B has a 620 local controller. The master is a 3200. You can ping from one local to the other with no problem. The problem is that wireless clients at location A cannot connect to a particular device at location B using port 5900. When I look at "show datapath session" on either side, I see the devices making an attempt, however the Flag shows "Y" which means No Sync.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why I'm seeing this? All controllers are running 6.1.3. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2012 11:09 PM

We will probably need more information like a detailed network diagram.  It is not clear what is going on.

• 3.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

Posted Oct 26, 2012 11:38 AM

No problem. Here is a basic diagram of the current setup. I have static routes on all devices that provide full connectivity to all other sites.

For Aruba Forum.jpg

• 4.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

Posted Oct 26, 2012 11:39 AM

Also, to clarify, we aren't using site-to-site VPN, but rather just the master-local IPSEC tunnels to communicate between controllers.

• 5.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2012 11:41 AM

So the master/local ipsec tunnels only establish connectivity between the two controllers specifically

If you want to have more clients pass traffic over those tunnels, you have to do that via "ip route x.x.x.x y.y.y.y ipsec map" on both sides to allow them to pass traffic.  In other words, write routes on each side pointing to that IPSEC map for each subnet you want to advertise reachability to.

• 6.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

Posted Nov 05, 2012 03:20 PM

Yes, we have the static route statements on all of the local controllers. For example, The East local controller has static routes, for all of West's local subnets, that point to the ipsec map. My main question is what would the "No Syn" flag indicate?

• 7.  RE: Troubleshooting "No Syn" Communication Issue

Posted Nov 11, 2014 02:31 AM

guess "no SYN" could mean controller is not responding to the IPsec establishing request. For example, in one of my Lab test, one AP is not licensed, controller shows “No SYN” and keeps dropping IKE request