Wireless Access

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Re: Tunnelled node into 7008 controller

Ok so I’ve tried to get this up and running but it shows the error “controller unreachable” ... I’m looking on the firewall but can’t see any traffic trying to hit the controller. 

does anyone know how it will source its traffic by default? Anyway to force this over the OOBM interface? 

Highlighted

Also make sure your 7008 controller IP is the first one traffic hits coming from 5400. This issue was supposed to be fixed in 8.5.0.10 but haven't yet verified. So for example using loopback IP address will not work

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Ok thanks

In terms of traffic flow; there is

5400 switch (access layer)

8320 switch (core switch)

firewall

7008 controller

Guessing this is a non starter going off your comments? Do I need to put layer 2 through to the controller from the switch? 

Highlighted

It works over a routed network no problems there, or over a firewall. But for example if you have GE 0/0/0 as the interface towards the switch network you need to configure the IP ont GE 0/0/0 as controller IP and the one switch connects to form a tunnel.

Just downloaded 8.5.0.10 so I'll have to check if they have fixed this

Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

That makes sense - yes I have that setup 

My issue is the switch says “controller unreachable” ... the switch has layer 2 only as all the VLANs trunk up to a 8320 core switch. The core switch then connects to a firewall which protects the controller. 

im wondering if the switch is layer 2 only, it has no way of routing the tunnelled node traffic. It does have a OOBM interface configured with an IP for its management traffic - guessing tunnelled node cannot traverse the management interface?

Should I add a layer 3 address to the switch? I can’t see a way to force tunnelled node over a specific source address?

Thanks 

Highlighted

Have you checked the debug logs, with debug destination session + debug usertn? If I would have to guess I'd say OOBM would not work for tunneled node

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: