Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

UPDATE REQUIRED(Master Unreachable)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  UPDATE REQUIRED(Master Unreachable)

Posted Jan 15, 2018 11:24 AM

Hello Everybody,

I have two Aruba 7210 controllers one is master and one is standby, few days ago the master controller had hardware failure. so i am replacing the master with new master, i did the VRRP, LMS and redundancy configuration but i get this error UPDATE REQUIRED(Master Unreachable) at the monitoring controller section. 

I read that both of controllers should be in the same VLAN, but i cannot do this because the other controller is in production and it is configured as Trunk. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mahmoud

• 2.  RE: UPDATE REQUIRED(Master Unreachable)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2018 11:33 AM

The master redundancy peer-ip command has a preshared key that you need to enter that matches the standby  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/master_redundancy_peer_i.htm?Highlight=master redundancy

• 3.  RE: UPDATE REQUIRED(Master Unreachable)

Posted Jan 15, 2018 11:37 AM

this is the configuration i have for this part, so this command was used. and still the problem exist.

master-redundancy
    master-vrrp 22
    peer-ip-address 10.27.22.12 ipsec 925e0e072a5160a4042926137d418c82f82b89d0b1

I can ping both of controllers from my core switch but the controllers don't ping each other.

Thanks,